Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an IT Data Warehousing Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI / REMOTE!
Title: IT Data Warehousing Analyst
Role Type: W2 Contract-to-Hire
Under the general direction of the Project Manager, Manager, or the Director, develops and enhances a data warehouse environment which includes data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Reviews data loaded into the data warehouse for accuracy. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts. Troubleshoots and tunes existing data warehouse applications. Conducts research into new data warehouse applications and determines viability for adoption. Evaluates existing subject areas stored in the data warehouse. Incorporates existing subject areas into an enterprise model. Creates new or enhanced components of the data warehouse. The responsibilities also include troubleshooting application issues and/or data issues when they arise. The Data Warehousing Analyst is accountable for production support (including on-call duties in a 24×7 environment) as well as new projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects, analyzes and summarizes data to support business decisions.
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of data across the enterprise. Validates data sources.
- Keeps abreast of new Tools & Technology and functionalities across the application(s).
- Works closely with customers, vendors, business analysts and application development project teams to resolve information flow and content issues.
- Ensure data integrity and compliance by performing data profiling and data validations.
- Facilitates meetings with clients to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
- Gathers data and reporting requirements. Detects and summarizes patterns in data and findings by producing simple reports and works with development teams for problem solving resolutions.
- Analyzes and documents client’s business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates from organization.
- Collaborates with work teams, departments, system leadership, staff, other IT groups, and technology vendors to define needs and facilitate solutions.
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
- Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) years of applicable work experience required; 3 years applicable experience in a Healthcare setting preferred.
- Preferred technical experience includes strong knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering approaches in design, build, test, debugging problems, and ongoing technical support, and ability to articulate examples of workflows and processes associated with that experience.
- Good understanding of HIPAA data Privacy and Security requirements.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member. Experience with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with Epic Clarity and Epic Cogito is preferred.
- Deep expertise with Microsoft SQL Server, TFS, SharePoint, and SSIS technologies is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft is a plus.
Job ID: JOB-228884
Publish Date: 21 Jun 2023