Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Fraud & Claims Specialist
Location: Roanoke, VA
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Maricela Collins, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) seeks a Fraud & Claims Specialist for a contract position at one of our top fortune 500 corporations. This position requires that the selected candidate be located in Roanoke, VA.
- Balances exceptional customer service with strong investigative research while working with internal and external customers who suspect they have fraudulent, mis-posted, merchant disputes or other unusual activity on their accounts.
- Customer contact is made through inbound and/or outbound calling to complete investigation. May also involve contacting third parties for research..
- May utilize strong communication (verbal and written) skills to establish rapport with customer to de-escalate difficult and sensitive information as a part of resolving a claim.
- Mitigate risk by effectively authenticating the identity of customers to prevent further fraudulent activity.
- Reviews, verifies and/or identifies customer transactions to detect/prevent fraud, policy violations or resolve merchant disputes in order to mitigate and/or recover losses.
- May be responsible for multiple claim types.
- Monitors and reviews complex account activity requiring research that may involve multiple transaction channels and products to reach resolution using multiple systems and applications.
- May identify control failures in bank processes, procedures, customer or team member decisions and then categorize losses and assigning loss accountability.
- May participate in special projects.
- Closing and/or reissuing cards or accounts, researching or placing holds and restraints, reversing fees, and/or referring accounts for suspected elder abuse, identity theft, or account misuse.
- 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, financial services, fraud, or investigations obtained through work or military experience; or an AA/AS degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to navigate multiple windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information.
- Customer service experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Banking or financial operations experience preferred
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3), based in Detroit, Michigan, prides itself on being an international, woman-owned, $300+ million IT and Business Services Corporation with 30+ years of service. We are ranked 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report, 6th largest IT Diversity staffing firm, and are one of five companies nationally certified as a Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and executive search services to financial institutions, insurance, energy, oil/gas, telecommunication, government, retail, and health care industries worldwide. We have more than 3,600+ consultants and 31 offices in the US and Europe. S3 is also proud to be nationally recognized as both a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
As an S3 employee, you are eligible for a full benefits package which may include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Vacation Package, Life & Disability Insurance Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to: Set the bar high for what a company should do, Create jobs, Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-182193
Publish Date: 27 Sep 2021