Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title: Facilities Engineer
Location: Houston, TX (Hybrid; some travel involved)
Duration: 6+ Months (W-2 Contract)
The main function of the Facilities engineer is to oversee the design and construction of various production and utility systems in each facility, ranging from offshore platforms to onshore plants.
Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting and optimizing operating processes like separation and catalytic conversion of crude oil to gasoline, jet fuel and diesel
- Supporting complex technologies like distillation, gas treating, hydrotreating, hydrocracking, catalytic cracking, and sulfur recovery
- Supporting the planning and execution of facility turnarounds and shutdowns
- Lead or support construction projects, such as the installation of oil, gas and water production, separation, and injection facilities (upstream) or petrochemical and refinery facilities (downstream).
- Plan and execute repairs, additions and new installations of tanks, vessels, compressors, pumps, piping, power distribution and computer controls
- Monitoring and/or safely controlling equipment, processes, and facilities.
- Designing, building, operating, and maintaining systems for generating, distributing, and managing electrical power
- Providing subsea engineering expertise
- Conducting site investigation/selection, structural design, construction, transportation, and startup
- Cost estimating and performance monitoring
- Facilities design, engineering, and construction oversight
- Assisting with startup and turnover of facilities
- Knowledge of design, construction, and operation of upstream oil & gas surface facilities, including gas pipelines, equipment, pumps, compressors, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental regulations, failure analysis, and well behavior as relates to facilities.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with the ability to execute on-time and on-budget.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
- Experience with CAD design desirable.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in a related engineering field.
- Position will require driving – Ability to travel at least once per month to West Texas and New Mexico area.
Job ID: JOB-211754
Publish Date: 19 Dec 2022