Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an EPIC Applications Consultant for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Hartford, CT!
Title: EPIC Consultant (Cadence)
Location: Hartford, CT (Hybrid onsite/remote)
Role Type: W2 Contract Engagement
Responsible for providing primary support and contact for each application. Coordinates all issues that arise during the project for assigned application areas and provides subject matter expertise. Works directly with the customer and develops best practice workflows based on decisions from different system decision making groups and translates the information into the application build. Works hand-in-hand with other Epic Application Coordinators, Project Managers, Trainers, and respective Application Managers.
- Provides critical analysis of data to support assigned program, project and/or engagement and articulates same to colleagues, customers, business owners and all levels of management.
- Provides specialized guidance for integration, architectures, system selection, strategy, electronic health and/or financial records, clinical systems implementations and clinical process transformation as needed.
- Researches and contributes to recommendations into timing of introduction of new functionality.
- Supports upgrade design process and decision-making.
- Recommends innovative application solutions to product workflow, patient safety, productivity and financial problems.
- Provides leadership direction for application integration decisions with impacts across applications and clinical / business units.
- Assists product teams in development of design and required documentation.
- Analyzes business processes and reengineers those processes to improve business and/or clinical needs.
- Assists and collaborates with system decision making groups in determining best practice evidence-based workflows, order sets, forms, decision support and other tools.
- Utilizes performance improvement methodologies (e.g., PDCA, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) and change management strategies to address gaps in performance, changing technology, regulations, standards and evidence.
- Models teamwork within the System Office and with RHMs.
- The Application Consultant in this role must be willing to travel to work sites as needed and determined by the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, IT or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to learn Epic’s software and obtain EPIC Certification within 3 to 6 months after the hire date. Current Epic certification preferred.
- Ability to populate databases during the initial system build with assistance from Epic and to collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
- Ability to ensure data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets the business needs.
- Ability to set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications using the Epic Style Guide Master File Naming and Numbering Conventions.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between end users, third parties, and Epic implementation staff.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and questions from end users and provide resolution and requested information.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimburseme
Job ID: JOB-207137
Publish Date: 17 Sep 2022