Strategic Staffing Solutions
Engine Laboratory Technician
Contract: 6 months
Location: Richmond, CA
Leading Oil and Gas Client
The Engine Laboratory (CREL) is a customer-focused service group within the leading energy company that supports client research activities used to develop and evaluate performance of fuels (gasoline/diesel) and fuel additives. CREL conducts engine tests using vehicles, automotive engine test stands, and specialized research engines.
Required Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience with:
- -Experience working with automotive engines or mechanical systems
- -Formal technical training in automotive mechanic/technology (ASE Certified or similar certification).
- -Experience working in a technical environment.
- -General engine knowledge through recent education or work experience as a mechanic.
- -Monitoring and adjusting process control systems.
- -Formal training in electronic instrumentation.
- -Basic math skills (algebra).
- -Excellent teamwork skills.
- -Basic computer skills, experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- -Formal training in automotive technology, electronics, or automated control systems
- -Experience working shift work / off hours (highly desirable).
- -High school diploma (or equivalent)
***There are 3 shifts (morning, swing, grave) the worker is expected to be available for all three. The worker will work each shift two months at a time
- -Morning Shift: 6am-2pm; Swing Shift: 2pm-10pm; Grave Shift: 10pm-6am
- -First 6 weeks will be training: 2 weeks morning shift, 2 weeks swing shift, 2 weeks grave shift
- -Every 2 months will alternate shifts AND days of week working (Monday-Friday or Wednesday-Sunday)***
Job ID: JOB-174456
Publish Date: 21 Jul 2021