Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Distribution Systems Operator for a contract opening with one of our largest clients.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 Only. No C2C eligibility for this position. Visa Sponsorship is Available! The details are below.
Location: Tampa, FL
Contract to Hire- 6 months
Reference Job Order #: 230367
- Working knowledge of electric distribution system
- Ability to read distribution circuit maps
- Familiarity with computers and software programs.
Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Related College or technical degree is preferred
- Licenses/Certifications: Must successfully complete the DSO I Training Program which consists of training manuals and tests along with on-the-job training
- Assure that safety awareness is a way of life by verifying actual circuit configurations by checking primary maps in the Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), and through clear and concise radio and/or phone communication with field forces before issuing energized work permits (EWP) and/or switching instructions. Monitor location of field forces throughout the shift, and make sure that they are in the clear while working in an area or on a circuit that has experienced a circuit operation or other anomaly. Assure that switching, tagging, and other information and instructions are received correctly over the radio and/or phone by requiring that field forces repeat the information and instructions given. (20%)
- Monitor ADMS, and CAD for information and alarms to recognize present and potential customer problems, outages, or trouble with the distribution system, and use judgment to take appropriate actions to deploy field forces to resolve. (10%)
- Issue energized work permits that have been installed by a DSO Level III and take back any energized work permit released. (10%)
- Use customer information, location and type of damage, primary circuit maps, ADMS, Energy Management System (EMS), and other resources to analyze trouble incidents, determine the problem and responsibly direct field personnel with appropriate action to resolve. (20%)
- Document results of field visits to trouble call locations and report all unusual electrical system and customer problems to the DCC Supervisor/Manager. (10%)
- Coordinate and responsibly direct service area crews as needed to resolve system and/or Customer problems during normal/abnormal hours and storm conditions. (10%)
- Receive and enter customer calls into ADMS as needed to support Customer Inquiry during abnormal hours; use current cut-off information and CIS to determine whether and under what conditions to restore service. (10%)
- Communicate with mapping services to maintain circuit maps and perform other duties as assigned by the DCC or System Restoration Supervisors. (10
- Experience using the ADMS/CAD, GIS, and/or WorkPro programs
Job ID: JOB-230367
Publish Date: 07 Aug 2023