Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING! S3 is seeking a Director, Digital Networking for one of our longstanding partners! Candidates MUST BE local to the St. Louis, MO area or open to relocation to be considered for this role. This position will be responsible for the company’s strategy, leadership, and execution of Network Engineering, Network Operation, Private LTE Engineering, and Private LTE Operations.
Job Title: Director, Digital Networking (Onsite)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Role Type: Full-Time Direct Hire
Pay: $170-190K/yr. plus amazing benefits
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #226274.
- Responsible for operations of the company’s internal data communication systems, including LANs and/or WANs.
- Performs activities related to Network Performance, Lifecycle, Reliability and Problem Management.
- Plans, designs and implements networked systems, including configurations.
- Supports/troubleshoots network problems.
- Researches and evaluates emerging network and communication technology.
- Responsible for Network Operations including 24/7 on-call support.
- Maintains relationships with critical vendors supporting Private LTE network.
- Executes implementation, support, and maintenance of critical Private LTE core services.
- Executes implementation, support, and maintenance of critical Private LTE towers and supported modems.
- IT Network Engineering: Director will build, lead, and support Network team which is responsible for all IT network components. Primary responsibilities include developing and maintaining Digital’s Network strategy, product roadmaps, new technology assessments, and lifecycle management. Develop and maintain relationships with business units and drive alignment.
- IT Network Operations: Director will lead a Network Operations team which is responsible for the oversight, management, troubleshooting, and support of the existing IT production network and its components (Routers, Switches, etc.). Primary responsibilities include working with leaders across The Company to ensure the network is performing effectively for all business needs.
- Private LTE: Director will lead and manage PLTE strategy, project delivery, engineering, and lifecycle management. Additional responsibilities include proactively identifying employee experience gaps, risks, and improvement opportunities for PLTE technologies. Will lead operational support team responsible for PLTE. Will ensure the Company has the necessary skillsets and capacity to support PLTE networks. Will oversee the growth of end device modems and ensure that the PLTE network remains scalable to support expected device growth.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Allocates resources to support network installation and evaluation processes.
- Coaches and mentors junior co-workers on network evaluation and installation.
- Directs the technical analysis of software and hardware.
- Writes requirements documents for evaluation of new hardware/software.
- Leads the implementation of data/ system security processes including access controls, monitoring software, and generation of security reports.
- Executes data backup and recovery routines on a specified schedule or as requested.
- Remains abreast of new developments and trends in the digital industry to maintain professional expertise, assist in technology planning, and influence the technology standards used by the company.
- Serves as high level of escalation for troubleshooting analysis of server and workstation connectivity and associated network components.
- Performs proactive, in-depth/advanced analysis of network performance, and provides strategic recommendations.
- Oversees the analysis of escalated or recurring issues to determine the root cause, and drives the implementation of solutions that drive long-term functionality.
- Manages and ensures quality of medium- risk/impact network installations or enhancements (e.g., coordinating meetings, tracking budget, following up on action items).
- Manages the operational support of the IT networks.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on functional area objectives.
- Manages and ensures quality of PLT network.
- Manages the Operational support of the PLTE network.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information System, Business Administration, or equivalent computer related degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related IT experience required with extensive background in one or more of the following IT disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure, Security, Service Management.
- 5+ years of supervisory and high-level team/project leadership required. Strong management and effective leadership experience.
- 5+ years’ experience working in an electric or gas utility industry preferred; Familiarity with Smart Grid technologies is a plus
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities; a strategic thinker.
- Exceptional ability to lead change and drive operational excellence, removes barriers, acts with a sense of urgency, and leads by example. Proven track record of delivering complex IT services in a diverse environment.
- Impeccable executive presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record managing the hosting of large-scale infrastructure platforms or enterprise grade products in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- Experience building and managing DevOps.
- Ability to dive into technical and architectural details at a granular level.
- Demonstrated experience in areas of general management, specifically around team member development, leadership skills, organizational skills, and managing/setting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex issues, program, and business interest related issues.
- Experience in large scale design of complex multi-vendor system environment and distributed architectures, in providing architecture technology oversight, and leading a team of architects through large scale initiatives.
- Proven track record of delivering complex IT services in a diverse environment.
- Lean/Agile, Continuous Improvement expertise preferred.
- Significant experience managing large budgets and experience identifying opportunities to optimize IT investments, enhance ROI, and executing efficiencies.
- Ability to lead and influence broad, multi-site, cross-functional teams.
- Proven effective management and leadership skills in a flexible, creative and team-oriented performance driven environment.
- Ability to facilitate relations between business groups and technology departments.
- Strong facilitation skills as well as the ability to work with team members, providing assistance and guidance as needed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both with technical personnel and senior leaders.
- Product and vendor evaluation experience coupled with a deep understanding of total cost of ownership impacts.
Job ID: JOB-226274
Publish Date: 16 May 2023