Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Location(s): Hartford, CT
Role Type: W2 ONLY, NO C2C
Contract Length: 12 months with the potential for extension/conversion.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Corey Rennie, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Installs new computer hardware (desktop, laptop, PDA, printer, etc.) at users’ locations.
- Provides desk-side end-user Tier 2 support and problem troubleshooting for simple to moderately complex issues for both hardware and desktop software.
- Assists with roll-out of new / upgraded desktop software packages.
- Assists with ongoing documentation and management of desktop systems.
- Supports mobile workforce.
- Assists end-users learn to use software, feel comfortable working in a computing environment and encourage positive communication with technical staff.
- Performs routine desktop and office network maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoots network problems including desktop loss of connection, Internet connection problems, etc.
- Assists in physical moves of computer equipment.
- Participates in on-call support rotation as specified by management.
- Escalates issues as appropriate when troubleshooting yields no results and / or based upon severity of issue (ex. virus outbreak).
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Integrity and Compliance Program, and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One (1) or more years of hands on experience with knowledge of installing applications, hardware and troubleshooting techniques.
- Microsoft and / or PC certification (A+, Network+, etc.) desirable.
- Microsoft desktop operating system / applications installation and support (Microsoft Office and Outlook) experience.
- Experience on multiple platforms including concepts of networking (LAN and WAN) and IS best practices preferred.
- PC Imaging experience desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and writing skills for client communication and system documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware malfunctions.
- Ability to remain calm, helpful and productive in all situations.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-209313
Publish Date: 14 Nov 2022