Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Desktop Engineer, a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Candidates should be willing to work on our W2 ONLY.
Job Title: Desktop Engineer
Location(s): Morris Plains, NJ
Role Type: W2 ONLY, NO C2C
Contract Length: 12 months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Suganya, Sourcer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides expert content/professional leadership on complex Infrastructure assignments/projects.
- Serves as a technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Supports the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions.
- Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc.
- May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise.
- Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems. May serve as the primary contact for vendors.
- Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving.
- Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership within Infrastructure Engineering but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business. Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Windows desktop operating systems
- Must have experience with managing and using all aspects of the SCCM suite.
- Experience working with, troubleshooting, and certifying endpoint hardware for enterprise deployment is needed for this role
- Knowledge of the Stratodesk NoTouch Operating system is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Flexera App Portal would be beneficial
- Candidate should have experience with Windows image design and engineering for enterprise client using Deployment Image servicing and Management (DISM) and MS deployment toolkit (MDT)
- Experience with remote deployment of customized corporate windows operating system, GPOs, Software and MS hotfixes/ security updates using MS System Center configuration manager (SCCM) is requested.
- Working knowledge of Tanium is a plus
- Knowledge of Adaptiva OneSite is also a plus
- Ability to manage configurations, security policies, firmware, driver updates for Workstations and laptops is desired.
- Must have the ability to Perform new hardware device drivers and applications certification for Workstations, docking stations, monitors, and other peripherals.
- Create high level design artifacts independently and support prototyping through creation of Proof of Concept (POC).
- Use ITIL standards to streamline and improve incident/problem/change management.
- Deliver high quality code/ scripts (.NET and PowerShell) and support peers in quality check such that design requirements are met.
- Conduct impact analysis of issues logged, prioritize and ensure that production support is provided as per the committed SLA.
- Participate in architectural review sessions to provide inputs to architecture team through framework analysis, design patterns, prototype specifications.
- Support client interfacing activities and help create the relevant reports in a timely manner.
- Evaluating and testing core applications for Windows 10 (all versions).
- Advising on process improvements to create/enhance existing engineering tools for improved performance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Job ID: JOB-215848
Publish Date: 13 Jan 2023