Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Job Title: Database Administration Senior Advisor (Postgres/RDBMS)
Role Type: W2 ONLY
Contract Length: 10 months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Maricela Collins, Sourcing Specialist, at MCollins@strategicstaff.com and reference job #220101.
- Support the backend and processes that feed the Databases – position requires a Strong DBA that can handle multiple DB – monitoring, maintaining, monitor outages, ensure the apps are stood up, scaled, and working.
- Foresee app growth and help architecture for growth.
- Responsible for research and development of a Data Retention Application within the Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) team by leveraging industry and big data platform tools.
- The objective of this position is to work with business and technical experts to implement data retention policies and practices related to managing our data from inception until disposal in a manner that optimizes storage and access at the lowest cost.
- Participate in collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement, design, development and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs to support the organization.
- Designs logical and physical data models, data dictionaries and schemas
- Recognized internally as “the go-to person” for Database Administration assignments
- Provides guidance on migration of on-premises workloads to the cloud (AWS)
- Priority technologies are AWS, POSTGRES SQL 12+. Hadoop, Python, as well as automation
- Formal education in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Significant experience working with a diverse set of RDBMs – including their installation, maintenance, data model design, query optimization and monitoring
- Experience administering Postgres (PEM, PgAdmin, pg_dump, pg_restore and pg_basebackup) on PostgreSQL 12 and up
- DevOps Tools: GIT, Jenkins, Dockers, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Containerization Tools: AWS ECS, Docker,
- Cloud Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, python
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sql Server, DB2, Document databases
- Automation Tools: Jenkins, Terraform
- Server Management: Open Shift
- Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat, CENTOS & SUSE), Ubuntu, Windows
- Logging & Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Cloud watch, Prometheus, Grafana, PEM, Datadog, Nagios, SolarWinds, IDERA, Ops manager, Atlas
- Provisioning Tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-220101
Publish Date: 22 Feb 2023