Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Database Administration Senior Advisor
Location: Remote, EST or CST schedule, rotate on-call schedule for support hours between 6pm EST to 9pm EST on weekdays.
Duration: 12 Months
- This role requires extensive experience in designing and supporting oracle databases with a strong understanding of database concepts, performance tuning, troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- The ability to troubleshoot complex SQL performance issues with a deep understanding of SQL execution plans and different SQL tuning techniques is required.
- Review of SQL and PL/SQL code to identify performance issues, in-depth knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL is a must.
- Provide consultation to Application Development teams on SQL and PL/SQL best practices.
- Extensive experience leading troubleshooting calls with various infrastructure and application teams.
- Efficiently work with Oracle vendor to find root cause for complex database issues.
- In-Depth knowledge of Oracle wait events to troubleshoot complex performance issues is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and storage internals that influence database activity is a must.
- Install and manage Oracle Database Software, build databases per requirements and standards, and set up database backups.
- Install and manage Oracle ClusterWare and troubleshoot issues with ClusterWare processes.
- Experience with database migrations, export/import, and transportable tablespaces.
- Proficient with restoring and recovering oracle databases using RMAN is required, must be able to restore databases from block corruptions and logical corruptions, and recover the database to Point-In-Time.
- Apply Quarterly Patches to Database, Standalone Grid Infrastructure, and ClusterWare and troubleshoot any issues with patching (requires good understanding of the oracle internal processes).
- Setup and Manage Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Infrastructure, and setup monitoring using OEM for database environments.
- Automation of routine database operations using Ansible, with broad understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Participate in 24*7 On-call support to resolve Incident tickets and be responsible for database a
- 8+ years of relevant experience and knowledge of Oracle database administration with oracle 11g, 12c, 19c, Oracle RAC, dataguard, goldengate and ASM in Linux is required.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Automation tools and technologies like Ansible, GitHub, and similar CI/CD technologies.
- Ability to stay very organized while managing multiple tasks and activities and takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Knowledge in AWS and Python
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within a division and enterprise wide.
- Strong Team Lead skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, facilitation, and prioritization skills.
- Strong technical acumen, able to ensure that technical solutions, strategies, practices, and governance deliver business and customer value.
- Development experience with one or more modern scripting/automation languages (Ansible, Python, etc.)
- Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s preferred, not required. Equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
Job ID: JOB-225646
Publish Date: 04 May 2023