Strategic Staffing Solutions
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Title: Data Science Consultant
Role Type: W2
Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 8+ month
How to Apply: Send resume in MS word format to, Maricela Collins at: firstname.lastname@example.org Reference JO# 208732.
This position is responsible for business consulting activities for the Analytics Competency Center within various business units as the primary interface and as a liaison to Information Technology.
- Serve as an expert in translating complex data into key strategy insights and valuable actions.
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other scientists, business stakeholders, and managers at various levels.
- Develop and test heuristics.
- Create and run models.
- Perform data exploration and data mining.
- Create business intelligence, dashboards, visualizations, and/or other advanced analytics reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
- Solid background and understanding (Mastery) of advanced mathematics, statistical and machine learning models and algorithms (5+ years)
- 3+ years of experience (Proficient) of programming languages for statistical and ML modeling, Python/R, experience with Spark and big data/cloud platform (AWS, Azure)
- Experience building and delivering enterprise scale software, i.e., ability to generalize models and deliver production level code, including error handling, testing, etc.
- Understanding of and ability to use scripts like SQL (Structured Query Language) and / or Hive for accessing and wrangling data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Prior electric utility experience preferred
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-208732
Publish Date: 16 Nov 2022