Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location(s): Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; St. Louis, MO; New York, NY, Des Moines, IA
Duration: 6 Months – – possible remote for the right candidate but highly preferred hybrid (2 days on 3 days remote in a given location).
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:205249 orClick the Apply Button.
Job Duties: The Company is seeking a Technical Data Engineer candidate. The candidate will be responsible for design, development, and operational support of key data initiatives by partnering with a growing and high-energy technical product team. The candidate is expected to provide the highest technical expertise, and must be comfortable working on multiple dynamic projects simultaneously, collaborating with data architects, application software engineers, and leadership at all levels of the organization
- Lead moderately complex initiatives within Technology and contribute to large scale data processing framework initiatives related to data engineering deliverables.
- Build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting functions.
- Review and analyze moderately complex business, operational or technical challenges that require an in-depth data analysis.
- Design and develop data engineering and integration work, including full-scale data analysis while leveraging solid understanding of data information policies, procedures and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues and managers to resolve complex data engineering issues and achieve strategic goals.
- Work with platform team to set up database environments and manage deployment related change requests.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering, ingestion, querying, processing, and analysis.
- 5+ years of T-SQL, PL/SQL experience
- 4+ years of developing engineering solution for databases in Mongodb, Oracle, and/ or SQL Server.
- 4+ years of experience in developing ETL solutions using tools like Informatica, Ab Initio etc.
- 2+ year of Kafka engineering and platform experience.
- 1+ experience working with data quality and profiling techniques.
- 3+ years of experience with Agile methodologies.
- 2+ Experience with version control or source code repositories i.e. GitHub etc.
- 1+ year of experience with DevOps CI/CD environments including containerization stacks with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-205249
Publish Date: 04 Aug 2022