Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Title: Data Center Hardware Technician
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ months with extension
Role Type: W2 Contract position
- Installs, Maintains, & Repairs data center including servers, data storage, and facilities.
- Maintains data center infrastructure. Monitors the health of the IT infrastructure and data centers.
- Performs moderately complex tasks related to area of technical responsibility, able to work on multiple assignments/tasks.
- Able to support multiple internal clients, able to work as a team member on multiple teams.
- Identifies issues and responds, identifies/utilizes appropriate tools.
- Good oral/written communication skills, good organization skills.
- Associate or Technical degree in a related field and 1 2 years of experience.
- Individuals without a formal degree will need 2 to 3 years equivalent experience.
- Valid drivers license required. May be required to lift equipment and supplies.
- Project planning with Internal Customers – details of hdwe location, connections and project tasks
- Vendor Relations – meet with outside vendors regarding upcoming PM’s, scheduled events, changes with infrastructure
- Meetings (Vendors, Projects, Team) – this includes weekly / monthly scheduled meetings, AAR’s and tasks assigned to our group
- Research – new products coming into the data center, new installs, proposed equipment, etc.
- Maintain DC Documentation for 3 data centers such as DC Layouts, Electrical Schedules, Warranties, PM schedules for all equipment, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP addressing
- Knowledge of hardware such as servers, network appliances, storage, etc.
- Knowledge of Data Center Environmental monitoring (temp/humidity/leak detection/etc.)
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
Set the bar high for what a company should do
Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, youre eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
Life & Disability Insurance Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Job ID: JOB-167174
Publish Date: 22 Feb 2021