Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a Data Analyst for one of our longstanding clients in the St. Louis, MO area. This individual will be responsible for contributing, both individually and as a part of a team, to design and implement processes related to predictive/analytical modeling, data mining and research on large, complex data sets.
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Remote (preference is for candidates in MO/IL)
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 12 months w/potential full-time conversion
Pay: up to $75/hr.
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #208948.
- Assist in the development, analysis and modeling of operational, economic, management and accounting data to quantify the performance of the department, evaluate potential operational changes, and design new approaches and methodologies.
- Use statistical analysis, graph modeling, text mining and other analytical techniques from initial data collection and conditioning to draw conclusions and results.
- Collaborate with others to define problems, collect data, apply advanced economic and mathematical concepts, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; provides periodic updates to stakeholders through presentations and prototype demonstrations.
- Partner with co-workers to recommend solutions to new and complex problems, develop innovative strategies, quantify the competitive performance of the organization’s operations and/or markets, evaluate the potential impact of changes, and report on economic forecasts that affect the industry.
- Develop reports for management on forecasts of performance, identify key drivers of performance and work with coworkers to develop metrics to measure various characteristics of the business.
- Contribute to predictive/analytical modeling architectures, modeling standards, reporting, and data analysis methodologies.
- Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development staff, and other stakeholders to enhance operations by supplying data analytics insights into business processes.
- Collaborate and leverage the skills within various departments to achieve desired results and increase adoption of analytics across the segment.
- Generates reports and/or datasets for end users, using system tools, databases, and scripts. May alter deliverables based on evolving business needs.
- Designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze data to generate actionable insights.
- Integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Develops analytics solutions to business problems and works with stakeholders on understanding those solutions.
- Leverages data, dashboards, and/or models when communicating recommendations for business decisions.
- Builds an understanding of existing systems, databases, and procedures and follows corporate policies when executing projects Applies best practices and established procedures to analyze data and identify trends.
- Assists in the creation of dashboards and reporting models in a relational database management system
- Assists in ongoing maintenance and support of reporting and analytics applications.
- Engages with business stakeholders to develop an understanding of their operations and define how analytics can solve key business problems.
- Documents data requirements and works with business users to understand the goal of a project or analysis.
- Demonstrates a bias for action by hitting deadlines, communicating with project stakeholders, and producing polished outputs.
- Partners effectively with team members and departments to achieve the best results.
- Requests feedback on own work and provides feedback to others.
- Develops innovative and efficient solutions for existing processes or new projects.
- Effectively works and communicates with Sr. Leadership to deliver analytical insights with occasional assistance from senior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mathematics, statistics, computer science or business
- 3+ years of relevant experience. Master’s and/or Ph.D. in a technical discipline e.g., engineering, mathematics, statistics, finance/economics, etc.) may replace a maximum of 2 years of experience. *Career path level depends on applicant experience and credentials.
- Working knowledge of data visualization, relational databases, writing queries (SQL), and programming (R, Python, VBA, or SAS).
- Working analytical skills to address business problems.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products – specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to clarify priorities, scope, and requirement in ambiguous situations.
- Experience in more than one of: applying decision trees, logistic regression, factor analysis, statistical modeling, text mining and other advanced analytic techniques.
- Ability to conduct research into predictive/analytical modeling issues, practices, and products as required.
- Ability to interpret the results of analytical work, assess its relevance, and communicate the information in plain language.
- Proficient in working on multiple projects simultaneously, often with tight deadlines.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-208948
Publish Date: 03 Nov 2022