Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer
Location(s): 100% REMOTE
Role Type: W2 ONLY, NO C2C
Contract Length: 12 months with the potential for extension/conversion.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Corey Rennie, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administration of a Checkpoint firewall environment including Check Point VSX, CheckPoint GAIA, CheckPoint Site-to-Site VPN, CheckPoint Mobile Access/Remote Access, CheckPoint Endpoint Management.
- Use of firewall management software; Algosec and Indeni.
- Operational assistance migrating from Checkpoint to Palo Alto firewalls.
- Primary responsibilities included but not limited to deploying, configuring, upgrading, maintaining, and troubleshooting network security infrastructure.
- Provide tier II/tier III operational support for incidents or problems involving network security devices.
- Prepare and document standard troubleshooting and recovery procedures for lower-level support staff.
- Troubleshoot and provide remediation for a variety of security equipment and technologies.
- Document in detail all information regarding incidents, responses, and root cause analysis.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of security policies on network security devices.
- Work with security engineering team to develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Works with external vendors for chronic issues, bugs, and feature enhancements.
- Provide consultation on projects requiring security operational support.
- Develop processes to improve network security service reliability and availability
- Operate and improve services in accordance with business needs, priorities and SLAs.
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall Security Service Delivery to the customer.
- Ensure uniformity of security service delivery and attainment of all business and customer objectives.
- Manage the configuration aspects of network security devices such as configuration file management, inventory management, and software management.
- 7 years of experience in network and security infrastructure technology
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and industry standard mitigation practices.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network.
- Sound background experience working with networking protocols involving routing, switching, and wireless connectivity.
- Knowledge of security protocols and implementations.
- Experience with the configuration and support of the some of the following firewalls: Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, and Fortinet.
- Experience with DDOS/IPS/IDS security appliances and services such as Arbor, Akamai, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Cisco.
- Experience with configuration and support of client-to-site VPN tunnels
- Knowledge and understanding of WAF technologies.
- Experience with routing protocols OSPF, BGP, & EIGRP.
- Experience in the use of multiple network tools and management systems such as; SevOne, Qradar, Splunk, and Spectrum for network troubleshooting and reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and network security products.
- Well versed in crisis management and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Maintain departmental documentation for standards, processes, and communications.
- Experience with applications such as ServiceNow, Jira, AlgoSec, Panorama, CSM,
- Able to conduct research into security networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Understanding of general ITIL practices.
- High School diploma; Associates degree or higher preferred.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-209147
Publish Date: 08 Nov 2022