Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Crime Analyst 1
Salary: starting $22.00-$23.96 an hour
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Full Time/ Permanent
The major functions performed by a Crime Analyst include performing the more complex statistical tasks involved in the compilation and analysis of statistical data and the preparation and presentation of such data to be used in connection with or as the basis for reports. This position reports to the Commanding Officer of the police precinct or designee.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may perform other duties as assigned)
- Checks and monitors systems and camera integration.
- Maintains a real-time intelligence desk to facilitate the exchange of intelligence information to first responders and investigative personnel.
- Manages the threat assessment and security intelligence gathering, documentation and analysis program.
- Facilitates custom mapping requests including but not limited to border changes, gang boundaries, special event mapping, etc.
- Serves as a departmental liaison with other law enforcement agencies on criminal intelligence matters.
- Performs necessary research, criminal and intelligence data analysis to further assist the department in solving the occurrence and/or prevention of future crimes tracked by the intelligence unit.
- Compiles and analyzes criminal and intelligence data according to location, time, special characteristics, and other distinguishing features to locate and identify patterns and trend of crimes, criminals, and criminal and terrorist organizations tracked by the intelligence unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in intelligence analysis, criminal justice, cyber security or other related field of study.
- Crime Analyst I — One (1) year work experience in the application of investigative analysis, principles and practice, or other related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted to meet the education and experience requirements of this position.
Knowledge- Skills- and Abilities
- Criminal law.
- Computer-based statistical applications
- ArcGlS Mapping.
- Conducting statistical studies and research projects. Performing statistical computations and analyses.
- Oral and written communication.
- Keenness to detail.
- Operating a personal computer and common office software such as Word, Excel and access
- Read and comprehend police reports and data.
- Utilize web-based map services that provide detailed information about geographical regions and route planning.
- Objectively analyze and present statistical findings.
- Develop hypothetical links between criminals and crime groups.
- Develop clear and well-documented tables, charts, graphs and other forms of graphical representation.
- Demonstrate initiative in performing work and in planning and completing work.
- Interact effectively with departmental personnel and the public with tact and diplomacy.
- Work in a fast paced, highly intensive environment.
- Quickly adjust focus and multitask.
- Coordinate the efforts of a street investigation via radio communication focusing on officer safety.
- Continuously reevaluate efficiency of investigation.
- Develop deployment strategies for enforcement efforts.
- Recognize the value of all evidence and details of every incident.
- Present testimony in court.
- Gather facts for a criminal investigation.
- Keep thorough records.
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Special Requirements:
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Certificate preferred.
- (CCIA) Certified Crime and Intelligence Analyst Certificate recognized by the California Department of Justice preferred.
- FIAT (Foundations of Intelligence Analysis Training) Certificate preferred.
- May be required to periodically participate in continuing education opportunities in related professional development categories.
- Applicants may be subject to background and criminal checks.
- Valid government issued identification will be required at time of hire.
Job ID: JOB-206994
Publish Date: 13 Sep 2022