Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Contract Advisor
Location(s): Houston, TX
Duration: 12 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:216993
This role is to coordinate all of the contracting activities on the Questa mining project located in New Mexico. Mining has embarked on several upgrade projects for the existing mine. The Contracts Advisor assists the project team in the planning, coordination and execution of project contracting activities, ensuring full compliance with policies and procedures. Key responsibilities include: Assisting in the development & implementation of the project contracting strategy and project contracting plan; Supporting bid package preparation, issue, clarifications, evaluations, contractor qualification, selection and contract negotiations through to contract award; Assisting in and leading preparation for, and coordination of contract mobilizations; Administration of contracts, including contract change management, lien waivers, insurance, claims mitigation and closeout; Acting as a point person for contract audits; Engaging and coordinating with Legal and other functional SMEs for contracting support.
***The Contracts Specialist will support the sourcing and negotiation for ULC project to select a preferred contractor for the construction of the ULC Project. The role will be based in Houston.
- Provide overall procurement and supply chain support to the designated project team including but not limited to the sourcing events for construction and commissioning services.
- Work closely with project team members, suppliers, legal, tax and other SMEs as necessary.
- Lead the preparation and execution of the sourcing event which is due to be launched in the SMART by GEP system in March/April 2023 for Pre-Construction & Construction services for ULC.
- Responsible for executing end-to-end project sourcing strategy including:
- Development of the bid package
- Supporting and coordinating the Cold Eyes Review and other assurance activities
- Issuance of the bid package
- Conducting bid clarifications and site visits
- Conducting commercial evaluation of bids and benchmarking
- Facilitating technical evaluation of bids
- Preparing the recommendation for bid award
- Preparing contract negotiations strategy with the preferred bidder(s)
- Leading contract negotiations with the preferred bidder
- Executing the contract and facilitating supplier onboarding
- Perform contract administration during contract execution phase
- Oversee the ordering, manufacturing, fabrication, and transportation of long lead items
- Participate in the daily standup, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and other project meetings. Use ADO board to manage and track project related activities.
- Category Management activities for the Design & Construction within Corporate Real Estate with our strategic suppliers.
- Experience in providing sourcing support relating to Project contracts.
- Experience in Category Management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, Demonstrated multi-functional teamwork experience.
- Knowledge- Good at negotiation, previous experience with contracts administration on large projects or category management.
- Education/Experience: – 5-10 years of experience
- Major Capital Project and/or Real Estate & Laboratory General construction experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile framework is preferred.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S.
Job ID: JOB-216993
Publish Date: 23 Jan 2023