Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Contract Specialist
Contract: 12 Months
(Hybrid work schedule: 2 remote/3 at office in rotation)
Location: Ybor, FL
Start: March 21, 2022
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Michael Gutierrez at: MGutierrez@strategicstaff.com and Reference Job Order #: 196126 or Click the Apply Button.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
The Contract Specialist (CS) works as an integrated team member within the client’s Procurement Contract team to supplement the overall capacity of the existing Contract team. The CS is responsible for developing service contracts (NDA’s, technology, engineering, construction, consulting) and managing the contracts throughout their full life cycle. A strong emphasis is on initial request assessment, vendor qualification/sourcing, contract formation, negotiation, and contract execution. Post execution, this role focuses on periodic contract amendments and business support for awarding MSA Scopes of Work, creating and managing purchase orders and other procurement related functions all in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-procurement planning to identify the best method(s) for contracting required to satisfy business objectives, while safeguarding corporate interests.
- Assist and advise project teams during the development of contract requirements, technical specifications and/or scopes of work by performing reviews and assist in support of developed documents. Advise project teams in broad areas of contractual risk management.
- Ensure proper set up and maintenance of all contract files and supplier data in procurement applications to ensure accuracy, functionality, and timeliness of information including supplier master file, contract master files and records.
- Prepare appropriate contract pro-forma (including general terms and conditions and commercial terms) for bid solicitation, evaluations, and draft Agreement preparation.
- In conjunction with business leads, legal, risk management, regulatory, and other internal departments facilitate the negotiation of Agreements and associated contractual documents. Develop contract summary documents and route Agreements for execution.
- Post execution, assist business leads in managing contract changes, facilitate purchase order creation in company ERP system (SAP), advise on claims & change management and other similar procurement related activities.
- Identify and recommend best practice solutions to improve procurement management execution and processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state and local agency laws, regulations and ordinances that pertain to procurement practices.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, legal, or related field.
- Required: Minimum of four years’ work experience related to the Primary Duties & Responsibilities listed above. Experience in business management, contract management, engineering, construction, project management or other relevant experience.
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contract formation (primary activity), administration and management (secondary activity), contract claims and dispute resolution for contracts dealing with engineering, construction and/or technology related subject matter (technology being software products, software services, licensing, hosted solutions, hardware, and other associated events).
- Knowledge of procurement, contracting and supply chain principles. In depth knowledge of contract management; contracting concepts, terms and conditions, and applicable contract law. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented, and the ability to manage multiple complex projects with a high degree of accuracy to support the overall business objectives. Works independently and productively with limited supervision in a diverse team environment. Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage multiple projects that involve a level of complexity with financial/operational risk.
- Mid-level competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and other similar programs.
- Preferred: Working knowledge in an ERP or SAP environment. Familiarity/experience with contract management software and e-signature tools.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-196126
Publish Date: 07 Mar 2022