Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Construction Manager
Location(s): Ybor City, FL (on-site)
Duration: 4 months
Per Diem: $200
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
Provide construction expertise to the project team including, but not limited to, construction scope development, construction bid package development and proposal evaluation.
- Ensure the quality of work performed in the field meets and exceeds contract requirements.
- Ensure all third-party contractors’ and sub-contractors’ work is performed safely and according to the Tampa Electric CSMP.
- Identify critical issues that may impact the project work schedule.
- Review project design documents as they are developed for constructability and identify potential scope changes and/or methodologies to improve project delivery.
- Work closely with station/equipment owners, management, engineering, and other technical staff on technical details related to work plans, projects, construction and maintenance methods/strategies, and equipment modifications.
- Ensure construction progress and performance is measured and is consistent with all contract requirements.
- Assist with project planning and construction schedule development.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of all safe work practices, safety programs, and policy.
- Inspect ongoing work activities to confirm contractor performance to project plans, specifications, and monitor/enforce compliance to all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain documentation related to project scope planning, change management, execution/progress reporting, action items, after action report and records.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills.
- Required – High School Diploma.
- Formal or informal construction management training is required.
- Knowledge of construction codes/standards (i.e., OSHA, AWS, ASME, ASTM etc.) required.
- 10 years’ experience (required) as a Construction Leader in heavy industrial construction or construction management.
- 15 years of related or equivalent experience in piping, steel erection, rigging, mechanical and /or civil/structural systems as it relates to power plant or industrial environments preferred.
- Preferred – Construction Management degree is preferred.
- FL Underground Utilities License
- OSHA 10 or 30 certified.
- Trench and Scaffold certified.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S.
Job ID: JOB-221435
Publish Date: 14 Mar 2023