Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Construction and Engineering Project Manager
Location(s): Apollo Beach, FL (on-site)
Duration: 12 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
Manage Engineering and Construction Projects in the Energy Supply organization. Lead project teams as the single point of accountability for all aspects of project execution. The project manager is also responsible for all phases of planning and executing projects to meet the goals of the company with respect to schedule, financial and operating performance. The duties include conflict resolution between the company and the engineering, construction, equipment, and material providers.
- Manage the planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and start-up of multiple capital projects.
- Manage project scope, cost, time, risk, quality, procurement, communications, and human resources in order to drive project execution and meet project objectives.
- Management responsibilities begin with project initiation and include planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and project close-out.
- Be accountable for project performance measured by safety, schedule, financial, and operating goals. (50%)
- Ensure project business cases are well developed and understood. This includes, as necessary, development of varying solutions or scope options for comparison, economic analysis, and development of non-economic project justification.
- Ensure the business case is well documented in project authorization documents (PSA, CIR, PCR). (10%).
- Manage development of project execution plans and ensure adherence to the project specific plans or to the standard project management procedures as appropriate.
- Lead decision making concerning the extent to which detailed project specific plans are required.
- Ensure plans are updated when needed to meet changing conditions or requirements. Ensure the project plans, estimates, and schedules are reasonable and achievable. (15%).
- Effectively plan, organize, and coordinate the work of station personnel, multi-discipline engineers, construction supervisors, procurement personnel, project planners, project controls analysts or others assigned to a project team, in a manner that supports the project, company and department goals and objectives. (15%).
- Manage project communications.
- Identify project stakeholders and keep them well informed; effectively facilitate regular project team meetings; deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations; resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion; and understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ensure accurate project status reporting. Provide updates on cost, schedule, status, and critical items which may materially affect project performance or department or company operations.
- Present project status to management and key stakeholders on a regular basis. (10%).
- Direct Supervision: May provide direct supervision for project administration staff and project contracted support staff.
- Indirect Supervision: Project teams made up of engineering, construction, project controls, contracts and other disciplines as required during project related activities.
- Frequent interface with station managers, supervision, and planning and budgeting groups, engineering, contracts department, environmental health and safety, general accounting, information services, regulatory and other departments within the company.
- Frequent contact with Directors; Occasional contact with Vice President or President.
- Frequent contact with outside engineering and construction firms, equipment, and material suppliers; Occasional contact with federal, state, and municipal regulators.
- Champions Safety, Health & the Environment Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
- Drives Business Excellence for Customers Builds Collaborative Relationships
- Develops People and Teams Cultivates Innovation & Embraces Change
- Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgment
- Solid understanding of power plant or industrial process operations
- Preferred: Working knowledge of work management systems, project management, scheduling, and cost control systems.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Engineering, Construction, Business, or a related field is preferred.
- MBA or graduate degree in Engineering Management desirable.
- Preferred: Professional Engineering License, PMP certification
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in industrial, power production facilities and/or commercial construction with a focus on engineering, scheduling, budgeting, cost controls and contract negotiations.
- In lieu of some experience, a Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years related experience may be considered.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-226248
Publish Date: 15 May 2023