Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for Cloud Engineering Advisor for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Job Title: Cloud Engineering Advisor
Location(s): Bloomfield, CT *REMOTE*
Role Type: W2 ONLY/NO C2C or W2 AND C2C
Contract Length: 12 months with the potential for extension/conversion.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Alexis Hoshor, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Architect, implementation, and management of EKS and OpenShift Clusters in a multi-master/node environment. Ensure design conforms to security guidelines and policies with proper ID authentication and transport encryption layers and supports applications that require disaster recovery.
- Cluster management includes capacity, performance, and monitoring. Ensuring cluster capacity can meet the demand of the current workload as well as plan for future growth.
- Storage management and administration of persistent volumes and integration with underlying storage solutions such as OpenStack Cinder, OpenStack Swift, Portworx, NetApp NFS or SolidFire
- Docker Registry installation and management upgrades of the current Docker registry, ensure proper integration with underlying storage systems and LDAP-AD integration. Installation and operations for supporting database. Health monitoring.
- Application Support, as an SME for Docker Kubernetes environment, app support would be expected and anticipated.
- Develop and support app-dev initiatives supporting Dev-Ops, Performance, Tuning, Monitoring, and Application Telemetry
- Establish and collaborate on the IT technical direction as it aligns to the global IT and business.
- Participates in technical research and design efforts in internal or external technical communities
- Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs, and best practices
- Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/platforms or highly specialized area(s), and working knowledge of other related domains
- Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies that assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
- Viewed as an internal expert, able to influence management and the technical community within their functional domain of expertise
- Effectively communicates complex technology concepts and solutions to management
- Able to communicate with and influence technical staff
- Proficiency in creating and explaining complex technology models. Projects are large in scope, typically cross-functional, and technically difficult to solve
- Provides consultative leadership to business units and IT management at the highest technical level on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Educates others and leads certification activities; mentor internal and/or external technologists.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor s degree preferred.
Bachelor s degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent, with 5-7 years of relevant IT work experience.
- Full-stack engineer that is proficient with Kubernetes (Primarily EKS), OpenShift and Containers technologies.
- Programming: Golang, Python
- Automation: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Tekton
- Compute: Linux OS, Docker Engine, Kubernetes container management
- Security: SSL/TLS, IPTables firewall, LDAP/AD
- Network: DNS, Load Balancing (HAProxy), and F5
- Storage: OpenStack Cinder, CEPH, NFS, Block, File, and Object
- Database: Postgres, Mysql, ETCD
- Docker and Kubernete’s experience can be supplemented with a proven track record of working with other disruptive technologies and other successes.
- This role will work normal business hours however may need to be flexible for on-call rotations and working past normal business hours as business needs.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-204087
Publish Date: 12 Jul 2022