Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Cloud Developer for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Job Title: Cloud Developer
Locations: 100% REMOTE
Role Type: W2
Contract Length: 6 months with potential for extension/conversion
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Corey Rennie, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cloud developer will have primary support for coding and support of geospatial data layers.
- These data layers consist of Aurora Postgres tables that have been geospatially enabled for consumption by the Esri ArcGIS front end.
- The batch process which creates these tables begins with ingesting tables from a variety of data sources into Teradata Vantage.
- From there an ETL process using primarily Spark will make calls to a cloud-based geocoding service and create tables on the Aurora Postgres database.
- The ideal candidate for this position will help code and support each of the batch processes and serve as the principal liaison to the production support team.
- Coding, testing and implementation of cloud-based Spark apps.
- Support existing code thru enhancing, troubleshooting, and maintaining per requirements.
- Maintain consistent practices for source code management in GitHub.
- Comply with established CICD practices and participate in the creation of new CICD methods.
- Attend daily scrum calls, and actively participate in updating/creating user stories and tasks in Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of four years’ experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- AWS Certified Developer
- AWS Services, IAM, RDS, Glue, EMR, ECS fargate, S3, Lambda, SNS, Coding, Spark (Python/Scala), Python, Java, Scripting, Bash/Go, DevOps, Jenkins, Terraform, Airflow, GitHub.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-202683
Publish Date: 01 Jun 2022