Strategic Staffing Solutions
Clinical Intake & Correspondence Specialist
Remote – Candidates MUST be located in Oregon, Washington, Idaho or Utah.
24 Month Contract with Potential Temp to Hire.
***W2 ONLY/NO CTC***
The Clinical Intake Admin Specialist II receives, researches, and takes initial action related to documentation and requests from a variety of sources related to Utilization Management (UM) Care Management (CM), and Disease Management (DM) programs. Does not make clinical decisions, but partners with licensed health professionals on appropriate actions and responses.
The Clinical Intake & Correspondence Specialist II is responsible for both initial research related to requests and preparing follow-up correspondence to members and/or providers once a determination is made.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills including listening, patience, empathy, maintaining confidentiality, and focus on meeting customer needs
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet search) and experience with health care systems and documentation (EMR, billing and claims).
- Strong organization, data entry, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and coding (CPT, DX, HCPCs). Ability to investigate and research issues related to clinical programs and work with clinical staff to resolve.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize work, meet deadlines and achieve operational standards.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to research complex inquiries and coordinate with appropriate staff to complete work.
- Strong business writing skills and ability to compose written responses to members or providers
- Ability to mentor and support co-workers, and provide training to new team members.
Job ID: JOB-207420
Publish Date: 28 Oct 2022