Strategic Staffing Solutions
Cisco Network Engineer
Locations: Charlotte, NC (Hybrid On-Site and Some Remote)
Role Type: W2
Duration: 12+ Months
- Plan, design, test, implement and continue improvement of enterprise network solutions.
- Configuration of Cisco IOS configurations, testing and implementation of new network hardware devices (routers and switches.) into the existing network infrastructure.
- Maintain accurate diagrams and configurations for all network devices.
- Prepare engineering job packages consisting of detailed parts / equipment lists, and appropriate documentation (drawings, network diagrams, configurations, etc.).
- Ensure cost effective design of systems with the ultimate goal of meeting business needs and providing a reliable and efficient service to the user.
- Prepare and submit cost estimates for planned installations where required.
- Maintain familiarity with current networking technologies and available facilities.
- Procure, turn-up, and troubleshoot both private and public WAN circuits.
- Work across the IT organization to provide end to end solutions to the customer.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in Information Technology with at least four years of design and support of Cisco Systems
- Understanding of communication technology and fundamentals.
- Ability to work well within a team; good interpersonal relational skills.
- Effective verbal & written communication.
- Experience in coordination with multiple groups, companies, and people simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support successful performance in a team environment
- Experience with designing communications solutions for SCADA systems.
- Cisco Certifications CCNA, CCDA desired. CCNP, CCDP, CCIE preferred.
- Experience with network hardware/software solutions: Cisco routers and switches, Checkpoint firewalls, Nokia load balancers, Cisco ACS, Ciscoworks, Cisco wireless controllers and APs and Cisco VPN concentrators.
- Experience in the following technology areas: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Layer 3 Switching, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, GRE, HSRP, GLBP, IPSEC, SSL, AAA, SNMP QOS/class of services, VoIP, Incident Response, Network Management Practices, Content Filtering, Load balancing, VPN, Wireless 802.11 ABG.
Job ID: JOB-225459
Publish Date: 02 May 2023