Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Job Title: CAD Technician
Location: Kansas City, KS/Wichita, KS/Topeka, KS
Role Type: W2 Only
Contract Length: 16 Months w/ Possible Extension
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Rene May, Sourcing Specialist, at RMay@strategicstaff.com and reference job #217438.
- The contract CAD Technician provides document management support for Substation Engineering. Under the guidance of the Document Manager, the contract CAD Technician assists the Engineering Analysts by revising existing drawings from as-built field corrections and, after training, by updating Issued for Construction (IFC) drawing packages.
- Documents include internal Evergy drawings, external vendor drawings and supporting documents.
- Create and publish new Issued for Construction drawing packages ‚·Gather technical information and up-to-date drawings for projects.
- Create new 3D material coded parts for electrical substation models.
- Use the Autodesk Vault 3D parts library to create 3D substation models.
- Generate drawings based on one-line and substation standards drawings.
- Travel is not required; however, optional field visits are available as a training opportunity.
- Education in the use of Autodesk CAD products is essential.
- Several years’ experience in CAD is preferred but will consider a recent graduate in a technology related field.
- The contract Engineering/CAD Technician must be computer fluent with proficiency in Autodesk CAD software and the MS office suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Customer service and team building skills are a plus.
- Accuracy is more important than speed.
- The work is very detailed so the candidate must be able to self-check for accuracy and must be willing to accept guidance.
- Persistence and a positive attitude are highly regarded qualities of every member of our team.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-217438
Publish Date: 23 Jan 2023