Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Business Analyst for a contract opportunity with one of our
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location(s): Windsor, CT *REMOTE*
Role Type: W2 ONLY/NO C2C or W2 AND C2C
Contract Length: 12 months with the potential for extension/conversion.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Alexis Hoshor, Sourcing Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knowledge of the Retirement business and systems
- Knowledge of financial systems
- Knowledge of FIS’ Omni suite of products is a Plus
- Work effectively with business and system owners to elicit, document, and validate functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Work with architects, designers, developers, and QA testers to ensure business requirements re effectively translated into tech spec, use cases, and test input.
- Review business requirements, which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution.
- Experience with Use Case and/or user story development and tracking through the project lifecycle
- Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution.
- Translate business requirements into high-level technical designs for a variety of technical stacks such as mainframe/UNIX/Linux/COBOL, SQL, database/table, etc. Business analyst could be familiar with technical terminology but writing exact SQL statements and/or pseudocode is not required. Must be able to interact with developers and QA testers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Visio or other flowchart/diagram software is a Plus. Ability to take and mockup screen prints.
- Experience with Waterfall SDLC methodology is required
- Experience with data mapping is a Plus
- Experience with the Retirement industry, or, at a minimum, experience working on financial and/or investment software
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development environment methodologies
- Supports project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field (Advanced degree preferred)
- 6+ years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles such as sourcing fundamentals, consulting services, business and contract law, licensing, intellectual property, financing, and accounting.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret contracts.
- Ability to draft contract language/documents including, for example, Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements (both IT and business), etc.
- Strong technology skills i.e. e-procurement; medium Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Must have the ability to create clear, concise, and consistent emails, Excel files, and PowerPoints for review by senior leaders in the organization.
- The individual must be able to effectively negotiate pricing, legal, business terms and conditions with suppliers, consultants, and service companies.
- By virtue of breadth and/or depth of experience, is recognized as a key technical advisor highly capable of translating business objectives into finite project management plans with clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and completion targets.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cost and price analysis techniques, proposal/contracting skills, project management, business management and strategic category management techniques.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-203998
Publish Date: 08 Jul 2022