Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Biomedical Equipment Technician
for a contract opening with one of our largest clients working in Detroit, MI
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)
- Under supervision from the Manager / Lead Technician and according to departmental procedures, performs inspections, safety evaluations, performance assurance, repair, overhaul, and cleaning of medical and supportive equipment.
- May design, construct, and implement interface and special projects Communicates regularly with internal / external customers and is required to assure successful resolution of equipment related problems.
- Provides support through excellent customer service skills. When requested provides technical leadership and guidance to other Clinical Engineering staff to maintain medical devices and systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With knowledge, obtained through on the job experience and formal OEM training, has become competent in servicing general and complex systems. In addition, is working toward a mastery in a multitude of specialty areas through experience and formal OEM training (See list of some of the specialty areas). Is able to perform with little or no assistance. Is a resource for both coworkers and the clinical staff.
- Performs substantial scheduled and corrective maintenance and safety testing
- Ensures performance quality and repairs on specific medical equipment using appropriate departmental procedures, utilizing equipment such as, but not limited to, function generators, simulators and electrical safety analyzers.
- Requests repair parts and special equipment as needed; orders specific parts to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Assists with special equipment projects such as equipment installation or evaluations as needed.
- Provides technical information and in-service on the proper function of equipment to System personnel within their area of responsibility.
- Provides technical advice regarding purchase and installation of biomedical equipment. Performs incoming inspection for verification of equipment specifications and safety on new equipment prior to use.
- Practices Universal Precautions to assure that infection prevention is maximized.
- Performs incoming inspection for verification of equipment specifications and safety on new equipment prior to use.
- When requested assists with the formulation and revision of departmental procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Interfaces with departmental computer system as required.
- Maintains documentation in accordance with department policy. Submits monthly progress reports as required.
- Stay current with regulations and governing agency standards.
- Complete assignments and goals as established by department manager/lead technician.
- Deals with co-workers and customers with care and respect.
- Assumes delegated responsibilities.
- No later than six months after hire will participates in department rotation providing 24 hour on–call coverage for System.
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Biomedical Electronics Technology, or Associate’s Degree in Electronic Technology, or equivalent education and training required. Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology required.
- Completion of a B.M.E.T. internship program preferred.
- Has less than 7 years of experience as a Biomedical Technician with experience on three or more specialty area and OEM certification preferred.
- International Committee Certification (I.C.C.) is preferred.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and analytical skills for understanding electronic circuitry and for trouble-shooting biomedical / electronic equipment. Proven use of basic electronic test equipment.
- Through completion of the Clinical Engineering Skills Competency Assessment shows a basic well rounded knowledge and exhibits continual improvement on an annual basis.
- Provides technical support and guidance to other Clinical Engineering staff.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of support documentation in his or her area of expertise.
- Ability to learn new technology through applying existing knowledge and skill set.
- Eye/hand coordination to work with finely detailed electromechanical parts and systems.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to move and lift equipment as required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Versatile in finding resources maintaining quality and keeping costs low.
- Must possess the following personal qualities:
- be self-directed
- be flexible and committed to the team concept,
- demonstrate team work, initiative, and willingness to learn,
- possess interpersonal skills and communication skills,
- be willing to instruct others,
- be open to new learning experiences, and
- demonstrated customer service values
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors as outlined in the Customer Service Policy and summarized below:
- Work is divided between office and a variety of clinical settings. Travel to multiple sites. Subject to frequent exposure to biological and electrical hazard.
- Clinical Engineering Specialty Areas
- Operating Room – Anesthesia
- Respiratory Therapy – Ventilators
- Patient Monitoring – Physiological Monitors, Fetal Monitoring, Central Stations, Servers, Telemetry, MDI
- Medical Device Integration (MDI)- EPIC, OBIX, Lab Lantronix, Emergin
- Nurse Call- MDI
- Infusion Devices – MDI
- Regulatory Compliance
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Genecee Lopez, Sourcing Specialist, at GLopez@strategicstaff.com
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-224864
Publish Date: 25 Apr 2023