Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Billing Representative for a contract opening with one of our largest clients working Remote!!!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
- Performs the day-to-day billing and follow-up activities within the revenue operations for an assigned Patient Business Services (PBS) location. Serves as a member of the billing and follow-up team assigned to a PBS location responsible for billing and follow-up of government and non-government accounts. Provides training and guidance to lower level colleagues and provide problem resolution as needed. This position reports directly to a Supervisor Billing & Follow-Up.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions
- Performs daily activities as part of the billing and follow-up team in support of the revenue cycle process for an assigned PBS location.
- Documents claims billed, paid, settled, and follow-up in appropriate system(s).
- Identifies and escalates issues affecting accurate billing and follow-up activities.
- Adheres to proactive practices which includes contacting the payer directly for payment due on accounts and reviewing and responding to all mail correspondence in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicates with appropriate hospital departments to clarify billing discrepancies, and obtain demographic, clinical, financial, and insurance information.
- Performs all follow-up functions which includes the investigation of overpayments, underpayments, credit balances and payment delays. Tasks will be routed to the correct workflows with the objective of maximizing reimbursement for services rendered and ensuring claims are paid or settled in a timely and accurate manner.
- Researches claim rejections, make corrections, take corrective actions, and/or refer claims to appropriate colleagues to ensure timely and accurate claim resolution.
- Proactively follow up on delayed payments by contacting patients and third-party payers and determining the cause for delay and supplying additional data as required
- May prepare special reports as directed by the Supervisor Billing and Follow-Up to document follow-up services, e.g., number of claims and dollars billed, claims edited, claims unprocessed, etc.
- Assists in the training and education of Billing and Follow-up Representative I colleagues upon hire and ongoing, and as new systems, processes or payers are created.
- Provides problem resolution to billing and follow-up issues as needed.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- High school diploma or Associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field, and a minimum of three (3) or more years’ of direct experience and relevant knowledge of revenue cycle functions and systems working within a hospital or clinic environment, a health insurance company, managed care organization or other health care financial service setting, performing medical claims processing, financial counseling, financial clearance, accounting or customer service activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a complex, multi-site environment preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Completion of regulatory/mandatory certifications and skills validation competencies preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability perform billing and follow-up activities in a prompt and accurate manner in order to reduce potential financial loss to the patient and the Ministry Organization.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position operates in a typical office environment. The area is well lit, temperature controlled and free from hazards.
- Incumbent communicates frequently, in person and over the phone, with people in all locations on product support issues.
- Manual dexterity is needed in order to operate a keyboard. Hearing is needed for extensive telephone and in person communication.
- The incumbent is subject to eyestrain due to the many hours spent looking at a CRT screen. The noise level is low to moderate.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities and adapt to them as they change frequently.
- Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
- Must possess the ability to comply with Health policies and procedures.
- How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Genecee Lopez, Sourcing Specialist, at GLopez@strategicstaff.com
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-222176
Publish Date: 24 May 2023