Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title: Big Data Engineer – No C2C
Location: Charlotte, NC / Irving, TX (Hybrid; on-site day one)
Duration: 12 Months (W-2 contract; no C2C, C2H, F1, OPT)
Pay Rate: 74 – 78.50/HR
This position is with our lead banking client! In this role you will:
- Design and build data services that deliver Operational Risk data
- Design high performing data models on big-data architecture as data services.
- Design and build high performing and scalable data pipeline platform using Hadoop, Apache Spark, MongoDB and object storage architecture.
- Design and build the data services on container-based architecture such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Partner with Enterprise data teams such as Data Management & Insights and Enterprise Data Environment (Data Lake) and identify the best place to source the data
- Work with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules.
- Collaborate with source system and approved provisioning point (APP) teams, Architects, Data Analysts and Modelers to build scalable and performant data solutions.
- Effectively work in a hybrid environment where legacy ETL and Data Warehouse applications and new big-data applications
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 4+ years of Hadoop development/programming experience
- 5+ years of operational risk or credit risk or compliance domain experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities on big-data architecture such as Hadoop
- 6+ years of Java or Python experience
- 5+ years of Agile experience
- 5+ years of design and development experience with columnar databases using Parquet or ORC file formats on Hadoop
- 5+ years of Apache Spark design and development experience using Scala, Java, Python or Data Frames with Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs)
- 2+ years of experience integrating with RESTful API
Job ID: JOB-222723
Publish Date: 03 Apr 2023