Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Back End Java Developer (Hybrid)
Duration: 12 months (W2 ONLY NO C2C)
Location: Remote/Onsite. Ideal candidate would be located in the following states: MN, TX, FL, MO, NJ
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Keena Leo at: KLeo@strategicstaff.com and Reference Job Order #: 202852 or Click the Apply Button.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is seeking a high-productivity Back End Java Developer to fill a contract role with one of our partners in the Healthcare industry. This is a hybrid role that starts off remote, but will require onsite work at one of the local offices. Applicants will be screened according to their stated location.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and document REST microservices that expose domain models through REST (or GraphQL) APIs.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and document data sync processors that synchronize data between microservice databases and backend databases.
- Design, interpret, and use domain (aka entity) models, exposed from microservices.
- Work with team lead and manager to define requirements and help drive the overall vision for the design and build of REST microservices.
- Work with solution and entity architects to define and implement application architecture.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify code, and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Develop detailed designs and specifications for microservices and associated utilities.
- Perform analysis of systems issues or changes. Recommend alterations and enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the development of user manuals and operating procedures.
- Provide and coordinate support for deployed products when there are issues.
- Use and promote agile practices that are aligned with ESI practices.
- Share knowledge, coach, mentor, and review team member’s code.
- 8+ years of work experience in backend software development using Java or Kotlin.
- Expertise in server-side Java, SpringBoot, REST, microservices, Kafka, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), and NoSQL databases.
- Significant experience with agile/scrum practices (able to play the role of scrum master when needed).
- Experience with asynchronous event-based processing (e.g. with Kafka).
- Comfort interfacing with ESI director-level management for technical briefings, status reports.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus and excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Familiarity with health care industry a plus.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3), based in Detroit, Michigan, prides itself on being an international, woman-owned, $300+ million IT and Business Services Corporation with 30+ years of service. We are ranked 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report, 6th largest IT Diversity staffing firm, and are one of five companies nationally certified as a Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and executive search services to financial institutions, insurance, energy, oil/gas, telecommunication, government, retail, and health care industries worldwide. We have more than 3,600+ consultants and 31 offices in the US and Europe. S3 is also proud to be nationally recognized as both a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
As an S3 employee, you are eligible for a full benefits package which may include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Vacation Package, Life & Disability Insurance Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to: Set the bar high for what a company should do, create jobs, offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-202852
Publish Date: 09 Jun 2022