Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an AWS Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients!
Candidates should be willing to work on our W2 ONLY. No C2C
Job Title: AWS Engineer
Location(s): Bloomfield CT
Role Type: W2 ONLY, NO C2C
Contract Length: 10 months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Suganya, Sourcer at firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting and Analytics Platforms team. The role’s primary focus will be to optimize current processes in place for various BI tools, create opportunities of moving BI apps to the AWS Cloud, and remediate security bugs. Work with business partners in gathering requirements to recommend, architect and implement the best solutions.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of BI applications.
- Evaluate current on-premises BI apps and recommend and drive app migration to AWS Cloud efforts
- Leverage different automation methods to deploy applications in clustered environment.
- Work with cross-functional technology teams for provisioning new VMs, prep VM access, firewall changes, security updates, bug fixes, monitoring and performance tuning (scaling, clustering, load balancing)
- Develop process automation around database security (Roles, Groups, Row Level Access etc)
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities
- Configure backup processes, document and thoroughly test restore of the clustered environment to validate backup processes
- Perform and support in change management for software and hardware upgrades
- Proficiency with scripting languages (python, powershell)
- Be involved in POC for open source BI tools and propose ideas
- Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents
- Must have recent hands-on experience on AWS Cloud as an application engineer.
- Good understanding of DevOps tools Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Hands on experience in Linux/Unix OS
- Troubleshoot application issues working with various technology partners and vendors.
- Quick learner and eager to explore and learn new technologies
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Other Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet key timelines.
Education and Certifications:
BA is nice to have
Certification in AWS Cloud as Solution Architect Associate, SysOps Admin or above is a plus
Job ID: JOB-219573
Publish Date: 16 Feb 2023