Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Application Engineer
Location: Richmond, CA (on-site)
Duration: 6 Month contract
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #203344:orClick the Apply Button.
- Provide day-to-day production support for the PI system including the PI Data Archive, PI Asset Framework, and PI Vision.
- Provide installation, configuration, and monitoring support for the PI system servers and various PI system data interfaces.
- Assist end users with the use of PI tools including PI System Explorer (to build PI AF templates, calculations, event frames, etc.), PI Vision for creation of displays, and other PI end user client tools such as PI Data Link.
- Create, monitor, and provide maintenance for PI system tags.
- Assist with monthly server patches and other information and risk compliance related tasks.
- Provide technical expertise in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems.
- Perform root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques as required.
- Develop and maintain effective application technical support documentation including procedures.
- Work directly with vendors and IT entities to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Participate on project teams to deliver new functionality and to support corporate initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to change management processes.
- Interact and provide support for end users.
- Provide periodic 24×7 on-call rotation support
- Hands-on experience with OSI PI
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Process Control Network – Demonstrated competency in administering a real-time data historian to sustain system performance and manage the ecosystem of applications that make real-time data more accessible and visible (examples: Aveva/OSI Soft PI, PI Visions, PI Asset Framework)
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting application infrastructure in segmented network environments (example: PCN to DMZ to business domain) and understand the Purdue Model.
- Demonstrated competency in on-prem infrastructure management, such as server patching, troubleshooting bugs in a complex ecosystem of system-to-system integrations, and creating system-to-system integrations. Experience troubleshooting and supporting Microsoft Windows2012R2 / 2016 / 2019 servers (IaaS) in single-server virtual and physical configurations and automating tasks through scripting (example: PowerShell) is preferred.
- Experience engaging with end user customers to understand their needs and assist end users in building reports/visualizations that drive decision-making based on real-time data.
- Experience with Agile ways of working and utilizing a structured DevOps management tool to coordinate work (example: Azure DevOps). Must be able to persevere through issues and barriers by having a solution-oriented outlook and finding alternative ways to progress work.
Job ID: JOB-203344
Publish Date: 22 Jun 2022