Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Application Engineer III (208208)
Location(s): San Ramon, CA (On Site Required)
Duration: 12 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:208208
Job Description: Modify existing databases and database management systems. Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions. Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations. Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- 5+ years experience, Business Analyst skills are more important than the actual technologies.
- Working knowledge of software engineering principles
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and facilitation skills with solid ability to convey business and technical information to a diverse audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to engage difficulties with persistence
- Self-directed, flexible, working with minimal supervision, takes initiative, displays a high degree of ownership
- Ability to effectively deal with change and consistently maintain composure and logical thinking while under pressure.
- Organized and skilled at planning. Ability to work from a high-level to a low level of detail and handle multiple assignments with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Experience/knowledge in Agile SAFe, Kanban and Scrum methodologies.
- Knowledge of the following technologies are a plus: Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, P-SQL), UNIX/LINUX batch scripting, SAP, Network configuration, ADO, ServiceNow
Business Enhancements and Operational Support:
- Work with Mobile & Loyalty Product Owner and play a lead role in solutioning future CX enhancements, gathering business requirements, documenting use cases for vendor enhancements on upcoming features prioritized in releases
- Support deeper solutioning on future capabilities (i.e. Pay Inside, Multi Program stack ability, Above site loyalty etc.)
- Assist with deepening our overall Mobile & Loyalty operational effectiveness
- Review support and consumer cases with service centers for reoccurring issues, trends, outstanding issues and resolve and help funnel which features need to be on backlog
- Collect mobile app and loyalty feedback from all sources and identify actions to get onto backlog
- Create and maintain competitor app and loyalty programs and explore what s on the horizon for innovative features (R&D)
- Facilitate monthly mobility support stakeholder meetings and review SLAs, operations, upcoming app releases, loyalty features and roadmap
- Provides daily operational support for several applications by troubleshooting incidents to identify root causes and solutions, identifying, and resolving problems, designing and implementing configuration changes and monitoring performance.
- Proactive communication and quick response to production issues and project work. Strong customer focus.
- Develops deep domain knowledge by understanding business processes.
- Elicits business requirements and translates business needs into fit-for-purpose actionable plans.
- Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and implement solutions to interface with various external systems
- Actively participates in an integrated DevOps Team utilizing Agile methodologies with strong change management focus.
- Monitors interfaces/data loads, administer security, and provide feedback/solutions on application performance.
- Identifies areas for improvement and partners with team members to address tactical and strategic issues.
- Develops and maintains support documentation.
- Maintains IP Compliance on systems and software as appropriate.
Vendor relationship Management (Primarily App with additional support for loyalty) as well as vendor alignment issues across our 3 key vendors
- Assume key VRM duties with focus on improving interface and handoffs
- Play a leadership role in dependency interfaces with other retail Products
- Collaborate and coordinate/facilitate with business stakeholders and vendors on discovery, requirements, understand impact and partner with vendors on design and delivery
- Escalate tickets to appropriate teams and vendors (mobile app, mobile payment, loyalty engine, POS for sites/station) and work with vendors to review outstanding and escalated tickets to resolution
- Monitor and track ADO tickets escalated from CCC or retailer support and responsible for resolution
- Review operational dashboard, monitor tickets/trends of mobile/loyalty tickets to identify trends or opportunities for backlog enhancements
- Ensure SLAs are being met with vendors for mobile/loyalty product
- Own mobile app and loyalty issues to resolution (all production support and escalations)
- Help with change management, deployment and UAT of new features to include training, communication, onboarding support organizations, etc.
- Drafts and sends outage communications to stakeholders and support teams
- Supports and facilitates all PIM, Repo, Guest account access to systems and helping vendor with troubleshooting access
- Troubleshoot deployment related issues
- Conduct UAT for app releases, manage beta test users and beta testing for new features of app
- Involved in backend deployment activities, server environment optimization and UAT of app releases
- Ensure compliance activities and audit readiness for mobile app (including CRQs, release plan, documentation, etc.)
- Train L1/L2 teams to support mobile app and loyalty
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-208208
Publish Date: 12 Oct 2022