Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for an AP Junior Accountant for a contract opening with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI
Role Title: AP Junior Accountant
Location: Detroit (On-Site)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and maintain record of journal and account entries by compiling and analyzing accounting activities.
- Prepare and maintain bank and general ledger account reconciliations and investigate variances for correction.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries related to financial transactions.
- Assist with supervision and workload distribution to Accounting Clerks and provide quality review of work completed by peers.
- Process accounts payable invoices, primarily purchase order invoices.
- Process bank/check related functions, such as deposits, voids, cancels, reissues, bank lookup, file processing, balancing and controlling.
- Administer premium payment application and investigation/resolution.
- Perform balancing, controlling, and processing computer and manual check writings and 1099 production.
- Service and respond to customer phone, written, and/or walk-in inquiries.
- Assist in updating and maintaining corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides attention to detail and precise reporting through verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Associates in Accounting or a minimum of 60 credit hours towards obtaining a Bachelor’s in
- Business Administration with a major in Accounting with at least two basic accounting classes
- Two (2) or more years’ experience related to the duties mentioned above.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-231138
Publish Date: 15 Sep 2023